Fun and Active Multi-Sports
Classes for Children
As a mother of two energetic, young boys who love nothing more than running around and throwing balls, I was amazed that there was no regular, structured activity based on this, for them to join in Solihull or the surrounding areas. I was convinced that if they would love to attend multi-sports based classes that other pre-school children would too and Leapfrog Sports was born!
Leapfrog Sports classes are more than just physical, centred around the children having fun and developing their personal and social skills. It provides a way for pre-school children to be active and start to get involved with sport from an early age, which will help them on the first steps to achieving a lifelong love of sport and all the benefits that being active brings.
The programme has been designed by myself as a mother with professional sports coaches, blending the Fundamentals of Movement (core sports skills: balance, co-ordination and agility) and the 5 Cs (Competence, Confidence, Connection, Character and caring, Creativity) for personal and social development.
The key to Leapfrog Sports, is that we don’t just specialise in one sport, especially at such a young age, we follow a programme based around a variety of different sports to enable the children to discover what they enjoy and to develop well rounded core skills. In addition, Sports Coach UK believes that specialising in just one sport can have a negative effect and by sampling a variety of sports, children are less likely to get bored. Skills learnt in one sport are usually transferable eg hand- eye co-ordination in Tennis is also used in Cricket and Hockey.
So why choose us?
- Fun energetic classes
- Multi sports based rather than focussed just on one sport
- Health benefits (see Start Active Stay Active)
- Begin lifelong journey in sport and being active
- Designed around children and what they love
- No pressure, safe caring environment, children develop at their own pace
- Build confidence and for personal and social development
- Make new friends- both children and parents
- No membership fees and can join at anytime through the year
- Enhanced DBS checked and Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport trained
- Paediatric First Aid qualified